A vibrant and welcoming learning community of caring, globally aware citizens, striving together and aspiring for excellence as life-long learners.
Learning and growing together to enrich the world.
At Bellevue Heights Primary School, we are committed to providing an education that is relevant, engaging and global, incorporating methodologies that are appropriate to the needs and wellbeing of all.
In offering this, we collaboratively value and focus on the following four areas: holistic approach, learning, community and environment.
- Encourage a positive attitude to learning by engaging students in inquiries, preparing them to be active participants in a lifelong journey of learning.
- Develop intellectual, personal, emotional, spiritual and social skills through the Learner Profile to respond to a rapidly changing world.
- Understand the importance of physical and mental balance and personal wellbeing for ourselves and others.
- Encourage perseverance and self-discipline.
- Provide an engaging and relevant curriculum in a safe learning environment that celebrates our connectedness in a spirit of respect and shared humanity.
- Create teaching and learning environments that foster curiosity and inquiry so that we can promote an enjoyment of lifelong learning as we strive to reach our highest potential.
- Equip students with the skills to learn and acquire knowledge both individually and collaboratively and to apply these skills and knowledge across a broad range of disciplines.
- Practice reflective skills so that we can analyse our strengths and identify areas for improvement in a constructive manner.
- Foster mutual understanding and empathy in developing a sense of personal and cultural identity and respect for ourselves and others.
- Provide opportunities to communicate and interact positively, responsibly and effectively with others; in our school, local and global communities. -Develop global citizenship with a sense of individual and collective responsibility when considering local and global issues.
- Contribute to the school, local and global communities through our:
- Core values which include respect, honesty, caring and compassion
- Attitudes including persistence, enquiry and collaboration.
- Think and act in globally responsible ways to care for our planet and its future.
These guiding principles are reflected in our policies, practices and programmes.